| || |
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") govern your use of the websites under
- Copyrighted information and Copyright Agent.
Please note that the pages on the Site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed.
Unless otherwise noted, all information, text, articles, data, images, Documents (as defined below), software, workflows or other materials (collectively referred to as the "Materials") contained on any page within Site are copyrighted by the PaperCept, Inc., or a third party (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Copyright Holder").
The PaperCept, Inc., reserves the right to revoke access to any user of the Site in violation of foregoing conditions.
- Title to copyright in the Materials will at all times remain with the Copyright Holder.
- You may only use, download or copy the Materials contained in the Site in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
- Any permitted copies of the Materials must retain the copyright notice, and any other proprietary notices contained in such Materials.
- Unless otherwise provided in the Terms and Conditions, you may not edit, modify or make use of the Materials without the express, prior written consent of the Copyright Holder.
- You may not use any content contained in the Materials in any manner that may give a false or misleading impression or statement on behalf of the PaperCept, Inc, the Copyright Holder, or any third party referenced in the Materials.
- Nothing on this Site shall be construed as conferring any license under any Copyright Holder's intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise.
- You agree to use the Site and the Materials and services and products on the Site or accessible via the Site only for authorized purposes.
PaperCept, Inc. and its Materials are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark and other laws. © 2003- PaperCept, Inc. Specifically, PaperCept, Inc. does not convey to anyone, through allowing access to the Site, any ownership rights in the Site or in any Content appearing on or made available through the Site. User may not copy, modify, translate, transmit, distribute, adapt, reproduce, decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any part of the Site or its Materials.
The PaperCept, Inc. respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, it has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide PaperCept, Inc., the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the
Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right
that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works
at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity
and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us
to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of
is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury,
that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The PaperCept, Inc’s administrator for notice of claims of copyright infringement on or regarding this site can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice with regard to documents on this Site.
Permission to display, copy and/or download any papers, articles or other works of authorship on Hosting Sites (the "Documents") is hereby granted, provided that
Any other use of the Documents is expressly prohibited.
- The copyright notice set forth on the Document and a statement that the Document is being reproduced under permission of the Copyright Holder both appear on such displayed, copied or downloaded Document,
- Use or reproduction of such Documents from this Site is for informational or personal use only, and
- No modifications of any Documents are made.
- Ethical standards.
Users at all levels of responsibilities (authors, reviewers, members of editorial boards) are expected to adhere to basic professional ethical standards including
On recommendation from organizations using these Sites, due to serious infringements of ethical standards, user account(s) may be disabled.
- Respect confidentiality – in particular about reviews, publication recommendations and publication decisions.
- Avoid conflicts of interest – the Site has some provisions to detect
and prevent conflicts of interest but cannot catch every instance. If
your assigned role may have a conflict of interest, please report it to your immediate supervisor immediately.
- Act with due diligence – respect deadlines, confidentiality of information as conveyed to you with your assigned responsibilities.
- Author responsibility - most conference and journals use plagiarism detection services integrated in our Sites. In addition, some organizations maintain blacklists of users.
- Disclaimers and limitation on liability.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. The contents of this site, including, without limitation, the Materials, are provided "as is." PaperCept, Inc., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied to Site or Material hosted on it. PaperCept, Inc., disclaims all representations and warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
- DISCLAIMER OF ACCURACY. The PaperCept, Inc., does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this Site
is accurate, complete or current. This Site or Material could contain typographical errors or technical inaccuracies. The PaperCept, inc., reserves the right to add to, change or delete its content or any part thereof without notice. Any price or availability information is subject to change without notice. Additionally, this site may contain information provided by third parties, which includes, without limitation, the documents and software. The PaperCept, Inc. makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy, quality, suitability or reliability of such information. The PaperCept, Inc., is not responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies contained in any information provided by such third parties.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. Neither PaperCept, Inc. nor any of its members, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this Site or any information, products or services contained herein. These include, without limitation, the Materials, even if PaperCept, Inc., is advised of the possibility thereof. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including, without limitation, indirect, special and consequential damages, loss of data, income, profit or goodwill, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. While PaperCept, Inc., takes industry standard measure to protect and back up all the critical data, you have sole responsibility for adequate protection and backup of data used in connection with the Site and will not make any claim against the PaperCept, Inc. for lost data, re-run time, inaccurate output, work delays or lost profits resulting from the use of the Site or the Materials.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY OF COPYRIGHT HOLDERS. Copyright Holders will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special
or consequential damages, loss of data, income, profit or goodwill or damage to property arising out of any use
of the Materials or performance or implementation of the contents thereof.
- Links to third party sites.
- Export restrictions.
The PaperCept, Inc. is bound by U.S. law, and the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is the responsibility of users of our services to ensure that they are in compliance with all laws including export restrictions.
- User input.
Any user provided communication or feedback with regard to contents and functionality of this Site via electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, or comments regarding the content or other information contained on the Site, shall be deemed to be non-confidential. PaperCept, Inc. shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without limitation. Further, the PaperCept, Inc. shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever including, without limitation, publication on the Site, or other PaperCept, Inc. publications, and for developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information. The PaperCept, Inc. shall have no obligation to compensate the contributor of such information in any manner.
- Changes to the Terms and Conditions.
The terms PaperPlaza, PaperCept, and PaperCept, Inc. logos and titles are property of the PaperCept, Inc. All other products, company names or other marks appearing on this Site are the trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing contained in the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on the Site without prior written permission of PaperCept, Inc. or other trademark owners.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the PaperCept, Inc, its officers, directors, employees, members, agents and affiliates from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your breach of the Terms and Conditions. The PaperCept, Inc. shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
PaperCept, Inc. may terminate this agreement at any time. Upon termination, you agree to cease all use of this Site. Without limiting the foregoing, PaperCept, Inc. shall have the right to immediately terminate your access and use of the Site, or any portion of the Site, in the event of any conduct by you or through your account which PaperCept, Inc, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by you of the Terms and Conditions. The provisions of Sections 1, 2,
6, 9 and this Section 11, shall survive any termination of this agreement.
Please contact us at email@example.com
At PaperCept, Inc., your privacy is of the highest priority to us. We are committed to protecting the privacy of the users of our current and future products and services.
conference attendees using PaperCept, Inc. products, contractors and vendors doing business on behalf of PaperCept, Inc.,
as well as all legal entities, all operating locations in all countries, and all business processes conducted by PaperCept, Inc.
What information do we collect?
PaperCept, Inc. collects the following personal data in line with the use purposes explained in a subsequent section:
- Name, email address, professional affiliation, mailing address, telephone, FAX;
- Education and professional information;
- Registration and participation in PaperCept, Inc. supported events;
- Authentication data;
- Authorship and peer review information;
- Other information you upload or provide as a part of interactions with PaperCept, Inc. products, for the purpose of authorship, peer review, conference organization, editorial management of journals, conference registrants and attendance.
How do we use your information?
PaperCept, Inc. uses (and, where specified, shares) your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process credit-card transactions. PaperCept, Inc. uses personal information such as name, physical address, and company/institution to facilitate event participation. We use financial/credit card and payment information to process registration to conferences and must share some of this information with the credit card payment gateways, and other third parties to complete the transaction. This information is not retained on our servers once the transaction is completed.
- To provide support or other services. PaperCept, Inc. may use your personal and/or professional information to provide you with technical support or other services that you may have subscribed. PaperCept, Inc. may also use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including contacting you about authored manuscripts, submitted reviews/reports, conference organization, or journal management. In addition we may pass your contact information to the appropriate PaperCept, Inc. distributor or reseller for further follow-up related to your interests.
- To provide information based on your needs and respond to your requests. PaperCept, Inc. may use your personal information to provide you with notices of new product/feature releases and service developments related to conferences and/or journals in which you have participated or are currently participating.
- To select content, improve quality, and facilitate use of the products. PaperCept, Inc. may use your contact information, research interests gathered through your choice of keywords at the time of manuscript submissions, timeliness of review submission, in order to assist other users improve the peer review process, and to facilitate your use of the websites (for example, to facilitate navigation and the login process, avoid duplicate data entry, enhance security, keep track of shopping cart additions, and preserve order information between sessions).
- To assess usage of PaperCept, Inc. products and services. PaperCept, Inc. may track your usage of PaperCept, Inc. products and services to determine your level of usage, and those usage statistics may be made available anonymously to PaperCept, Inc.’s product licensors.
- To communicate with you about a meeting, conference, or event. We may communicate with you about a meeting, conference, or event hosted or co-sponsored by PaperCept, Inc. This may include information about the event's content, event logistics, payment, updates, and additional information related to the event. Information you provide when registering for or participating in a conference managed or co-sponsored by parties, other than or in addition to PaperCept, Inc. may be shared with those parties, and the treatment of such information is further subject to the privacy policies of those parties. Conference organizers may contact you after the event about the event, subsequent iterations of the event and related events. Please note that PaperCept, Inc. conference, meeting or event organizers, co-sponsors, exhibitors, and other third parties may directly request your personal information at their conference booths or presentations. Providing your information to them is optional, and you should review their privacy policies to address your particular needs and concerns about how they will treat your personal information.
- To consider you for an award. PaperCept, Inc. may facilitate personal information such as your name, education, work history, and volunteer activities to conferences, journals or event sponsoring organizations to consider you for an award. Through our products, PaperCept, Inc. may need to share this information with your nominators, references, judges, and others parties involved in evaluating your eligibility.
- To assist in your participation in PaperCept, Inc. activities. PaperCept, Inc. will communicate with you, if you are participating in certain PaperCept, Inc. supported activities such as PaperCept, Inc. hosted conferences, authoring or reviewing an PaperCept, Inc. hosted periodical article.
- To engage with third parties. PaperCept, Inc. may share your personal data, including email address with third parties in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for or with PaperCept, Inc. These third parties are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for PaperCept, Inc. or for the collaboration in which they and PaperCept, Inc. are contractually engaged (for example, hosting an PaperCept, Inc. database or engaging in data processing on PaperCept, Inc.’s behalf, or mailing you information that you requested). These may include e.g., vendors that create conference mobile apps, conference proceedings, host the conference content on clouds, professional organizations that host on-line access to conference records or journal volumes. These third parties are carefully selected by PaperCept, Inc. and obligated to keep your data secure.
- To protect PaperCept, Inc. content and services. We may use your information to prevent potentially illegal activities and to enforce our terms and conditions. We also use a variety of technological systems to detect and address anomalous activity and to screen content to prevent abuse, such as spam, or misuse of offered services. These efforts may, on occasion, result in a temporary or permanent suspension or termination of some functions for some users.
- To get feedback or input from you. In order to improve the quality of products and services, we may ask end users to provide us input and feedback when new features are implemented to enhance our offerings.
How can you control your information?
You can control the information we have about you and how we use it in several ways.
- If you are a registered user, you can review, revise, and correct the personal data that you have provided to PaperCept, Inc. by logging into your account and updating your personal information.
- Deactivate your account temporarily in case your access may be restricted for a duration.
- Disable your account to permanently to prevent your account from being used in any future activity associated with PaperCept, Inc.’s products and services.
Retained information and implications when you disable your account.
- Your name will remain on submitted papers and you will receive decision notifications, but you will not be able to log in and view the progress of the evaluation process. You will not be able to use this account to submit new papers.
- Your name will remain on submitted reviews. Reviews that were invited but not submitted are removed from the review process. No new review requests may be addressed to this account.
- For conference proceedings: Your name will remain in the proceedings as author, session chair or session organizer.
- For journal articles: Your name will remain in editorial guidance credits.
- Conference registration data created via this account will remain valid.
- You will not be able to complete any conference duties associated with this account. It will not be possible to use this account for new conference duties.
- You will neither be able to log in to this account nor to re-enable it. Your password will be deleted.
- The action of disabling the account is irreversible.
Personal data about minors and children.
PaperCept, Inc. does not knowingly collect data from or about children under 16. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Internet Service Provider (ISP) that hosts the Papercept websites automatically records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of visitors. The IP address is a unique number assigned to every computer on the internet. Generally, an IP address changes each time you connect to the internet (it is a "dynamic" address). Note, however, that if you have a broadband connection, depending on your individual circumstance, the IP address that we collect may contain information that could be deemed identifiable. This is because, with some broadband connections, your IP address doesn't change (it is "static") and could be associated with your personal computer. The ISP keeps track of the pages visited on PaperCept, Inc.'s website. The ISP also captures and stores information that you transmit. This may include:
- Browser/Device type/version
- Operating system used
- Date and time of the server request
- Volume of data transferred
External links behavior.
Some of PaperCept, Inc.'s web pages link to other sites created and maintained by other public- and/or private-sector organizations. PaperCept, Inc. provides these links solely for your information and convenience. When you transfer to an outside website, you are leaving the PaperCept, Inc. administered domain, and PaperCept, Inc.'s information management policies no longer apply. PaperCept, Inc. encourages you to read the privacy statement of each external website that you visit before you provide any personal data.
Cookies and web beacons.
All sites administered by PaperCept, Inc., utilize standard web technology called "cookies". Cookies are small pieces of data stored by a user's web browser on the user's device. Our submission and registration sites solely rely on cookies to help tailor user experience. Most Internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You may disable cookies through your device's Internet browser settings. However, some parts of these websites will not operate correctly if you disable cookies. The sites administered by PaperCept, Inc. may place temporary “session” cookies on your device to help us confirm your identity as you navigate the website during your visits. These session cookies are deleted automatically when you close your website browsing session. The 'My program' feature of the conference sites uses a cookie to store your preferences. We do not use or allow third party services to collect information about how users use our site. We do not use web beacons.
Collaboration with authorities.
The PaperCept, Inc. will ensure proper communication with the relevant regulatory authority for privacy. We will lead investigative action, complaint handling and data breach notification. We will also monitor regulatory changes and consult the regulatory authority where implementation of a regulatory or technological change leads to doubt.
Transfer of information to other countries.
PaperCept, Inc. products and services are used globally. In connection with the management of those products and services, PaperCept, Inc. may transfer information to other countries. By submitting your information to PaperCept, Inc. via its sites, or in connection with your interactions with PaperCept, Inc. offline, you consent to such transfers and to the processing of this information in other countries.
Responses to legal requests.
Your European Union privacy rights.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679) (also known as GDPR), if you are an individual protected by the GDPR you may have certain rights as a data subject. To request information about or avail yourself of those rights, please send an email to email@example.com with "GDPR Request" in the subject line. In the email please describe, with specificity, the GDPR right you are requesting assistance with. Please note additional information may be requested prior to initiation of a request and that PaperCept, Inc. reserves the right to charge a fee with respect to certain requests. Upon PaperCept, Inc.’s completion of its review you will be notified if your request has been granted, denied, or exemptions apply.
Your California privacy rights.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as S.B. 27), if you are a California resident and your business relationship with PaperCept, Inc. is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding PaperCept, Inc.’s disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. To this end, it is noted that PaperCept, Inc. does not 'disclose any personal or professional data to third parties for the third-parties' for direct marketing purposes.
How do I contact you if there is an issue?